Langley High School
Click here for contact information for coaches, activities office and tryout information and tryout dates for 2017-2018.
First day of tryouts for Fall sports (August 1), Winter Sports (November 6) and Spring Sports (February 19).
ALL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BELOW MUST BE MET BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF TRYOUTS
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Easy as 1, 2, 3.
1. In order to participate in any sport, practice or tryout, each student-athlete must have submitted the VHSL (revised February 2017) Athletic Participation/Parental Consent/Physical Examination Form to the Student Activities Office. The physical must be completed on or after May 1, 2017 for the 2017-2018 school year. Make a copy for your records. One form is required for EACH school year. *Please review all eligibility requirements on the first page of the VHSL form.
2. ALSO REQUIRED: MANDATED CONCUSSION PROGRAM must be completed by the student-athlete and one parent in order to tryout.Students and parents must complete separate programs. Go to www.fcps.edu/sports and then click on Concussion Education for Parents & Students to complete.
3. Emergency Care form must be completed and turned in to the coach's mailbox in the Activities office.
Check each teams webpage under "NEWS" and/or "FILES" for updates about tryout dates and times. Each coach requires their own emergency care form.
MAJOR ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
In order to compete in sports, an athlete must:
1. Have completed a VHSL eligibility form and turned in to the Activities Office.
2. Be enrolled at Langley High School
3. Have passed five subjects the previous semester.
4. Be currently taking five or more credit subjects.
5. Not have reached his/her 19th birthday on or before the 1st day of August of the year participating.
6. Not have been enrolled in high school for more than eight semesters.
More eligibility rules are listed on the VHSL eligibility form. *Please review all eligibility requirements on the first page of the VHSL form.