Announcements and Important Events
Click here for contact information for coaches, activities office and tryout information.
Winter Sports Season - December 14th 2020 - February 20th 2021
Fall Sports Season - February 15 2021 - May 1st 2021
Spring Sports Season - April 12th 2021 - June 26th 2021
ALL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BELOW MUST BE MET BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF TRYOUTS
1. Each family will create an account at https://langley-ar.rschooltoday.com/ and from this account, can register their student(s) for various athletic opportunities. While registering does not guarantee a spot on the team, this information will help to ensure your student is ready to go on the first day of tryouts. Students can be registered for one or more activities throughout the year and families can sign in as needed to update information.
2. In order to participate in any sport, practice or tryout, each student-athlete must have submitted the VHSL (revised February 2017) Athletic Participation/Parental Consent/Physical Examination Form to the Student Activities Office. The physical must be completed on or after May 1, 2020 for the 2020-2021 school year. Make a copy for your records. One form is required for EACH school year. *Please review all eligibility requirements on the first page of the VHSL form. Forms must be turned in to the Activities Office before the first day of tryouts. (Due to the current school closure, athletes can email all 4 pages of the VHSL forms to the Activities Office at email@example.com. )
In order to compete in sports, an athlete must:
1. Have completed a VHSL eligibility form and turned in to the Activities Office.
2. Be enrolled at Langley High School
3. Have passed five subjects the previous semester.
4. Be currently taking five or more credit subjects.
5. Not have reached his/her 19th birthday on or before the 1st day of August of the year participating.
6. Not have been enrolled in high school for more than eight semesters.
More eligibility rules are listed on the VHSL eligibility form. *Please review all eligibility requirements on the first page of the VHSL form.