Announcements and Important Events
Click here for contact information for coaches, activities office and tryout information.
First day of tryouts for Fall sports (August 1, 2019 for golf, August 5, 2019 for all other fall sports, 2019), Winter Sports (November 11, 2019) and Spring Sports (February 24, 2020).
ALL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BELOW MUST BE MET BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF TRYOUTS
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Easy as 1, 2, 3.
1. In order to participate in any sport, practice or tryout, each student-athlete must have submitted the VHSL (revised February 2017) Athletic Participation/Parental Consent/Physical Examination Form to the Student Activities Office. The physical must be completed on or after May 1, 2019 for the 2019-2020 school year. Make a copy for your records. One form is required for EACH school year. *Please review all eligibility requirements on the first page of the VHSL form. Form must be turned in to the Activities Office before the first day of tryouts.
2. ALSO REQUIRED: MANDATED CONCUSSION PROGRAM must be completed by the student-athlete and one parent in order to tryout. Students and parents must complete separate programs.
- Parents/students will review the concussion education pdf, print and sign the final slide and submit this as verification of having reviewed the presentation. Signed copies can be sent to Beth Longo at email@example.com or dropped off at the Langley HS Activities Office.
Must be completed after June 1st.
3. Emergency Care form must be completed and turned in to the coach's mailbox in the Activities office.
Check each teams webpage under "NEWS" and/or "FILES" for updates about tryout dates and times. Each coach requires their own emergency care form.
MAJOR ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
In order to compete in sports, an athlete must:
1. Have completed a VHSL eligibility form and turned in to the Activities Office.
2. Be enrolled at Langley High School
3. Have passed five subjects the previous semester.
4. Be currently taking five or more credit subjects.
5. Not have reached his/her 19th birthday on or before the 1st day of August of the year participating.
6. Not have been enrolled in high school for more than eight semesters.
More eligibility rules are listed on the VHSL eligibility form. *Please review all eligibility requirements on the first page of the VHSL form.