Announcements and Important Events
Dear Langley Community,
The winter season is right around the corner. Boys and girls Basketball starts on December 7th while gymnastics, winter track, swim and dive, and wrestling start on December 14th. A lot of planning and preparation are taking place to make sure this season will occur in a safe environment. It is very important that ALL paperwork is turned in prior to the start of tryouts. For a student to be able to tryout he/she must have turned in a VHSL Physical and be registered in our new Langley HS athletic registration webpage.
Please note the following:
- The new registration site is available here: https://langley-ar.rschooltoday.com/home
- Please scan and email VHSL Physicals to firstname.lastname@example.org
- VHSL Physical forms can be found here https://langleysports.org/main/filesLinks/. If you have already submitted a VHSL Physical this school year you DO NOT have to resubmit.
- Locker rooms will not be available to our athletes this year. The expectation will be that kids come to practice/games ready to compete and will leave the facility immediately after the event.
- FCPS is still determining whether we will allow any fans into the games/matches this year. We are hopeful that we will have the ability to live stream all of the contests that take place in our gym.
Within the next few weeks information will be on langleysports.org about tryout dates and times. If you have specific questions about your sport, please reach out to our head coaches.
Coaches contact information can be found here.
Lastly, please mark your calendars for December 3rd at 6pm. That evening we will be hosting a meeting where many of the specific details on winter sports will be discussed. This meeting will be for both parents and students. A link for the meeting will be sent out the day of the meeting.