CoEd Spring Track & Field
Due to the weather and the coaches attending the State Indoor Track Championships, spring track tryouts will now conclude Monday and Tuesday February 25th and 26th at the Langley outdoor track. WEATHER PERMITTING. Warm-ups will begin at 3:30pm with tryouts starting at 4:00pm.
All athletes must have completed the following by Friday February 22nd to tryout:
1. Physical form on file in the Activities Office
2. Both parent and student completion of Concussion Education (CLICK HERE)
3. Emergency Care Card submitted to track mailbox in Activities Office (copy at same link as #2)
4. Register for tryouts at the Google Forms page (CLICK HERE)
5. Scan the QR Code below and select spring outdoor track. Sign in with your FCPS Google e-mail address.
If all these conditions have been met, you will be placed on the list for a tryout. We usually keep around 120 athletes in total, 60 boys and 60 girls. Unfortunately, if we have more athletes than that try out, we may have to make cuts as we are only allotted two busses to travel to meets. Athletes are chosen based primarily on times run in the try out events: 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, and 1600m. Suggested times to make the team are listed below with freshmen times in parenthesis:
100m Boys 13.0 (13.0) Girls 15.0 (15.0)
200m Boys 26.0 (29.0) Girls 32.0 (35.0)
400m Boys 59.0 (65.0) Girls 1:15 (1:20)
800m Boys 2:30 (2:40) Girls 3:10 (3:15)
1600m Boys 5:40 (5:50) Girls 6:45 (7:00)
While these time do not guarantee a spot on the team, achieving two or more of the times usually results in an athlete making the squad.
Throwers will run the 100m and test in a variety of other drills such as standing long jump and strength tests.