Girls Varsity Basketball
Tryouts begin Dec 7th and conclude Dec 9th. Please refer to the attached schedule to confirm your tryout window.
There will be a tryout information meeting for all interested players on November 24th, 2020 @ 4pm. A link to the meeting will be sent out the morning of the 24th. If you are not on Coach Baker's distro list contact her to get added so you receive the link: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tryouts are scheduled to begin Dec 7th, 2020. At this time the exact time and location is TBD. Please check back as we get closer to this date for more details.
Beginning Monday, November 2, FCPS Activities and Athletic programs will transition to a new online student registration system. This new system offers a host of benefits for schools and community members including:
- One stop shop for registering your student for athletic programs and many common activities occurring throughout the school year
- Electronic submission of the emergency care card and weight room waiver- only have to fill these out once!
- A new home for the state-mandated concussion education program
Each family will create an account, and from this account, can register their student(s) for various activity and athletic opportunities. While registering does not guarantee a spot on the team, this information will help to ensure your student is ready to go on the first day of tryouts. Students can be registered for one or more activities throughout the year and families can sign in as needed to update information.
Please note the following:
- You will still need to submit a valid VHSL Pre-participation Exam Form (physical) directly to the school prior to your student’s participation; all other requirements will be completed through this registration process. Please scan and email VHSL Physicals to Mrs. Longo email@example.com VHSL Physical forms can be found here https://langleysports.org/
main/filesLinks/. If you have already submitted a VHSL Physical this school year you DO NOT have to resubmit.
- Families who have already submitted their concussion education verification form will be asked to verify completion again as part of the registration process. We do apologize for any inconvenience- please bear with us as we make this change
The new registration site is available here: https://langley-ar.
Workouts will begin Sept 17th and will be held every Tuesday and Thursday from 530-730pm @ the track. Please review the procedures and requirements for participation below:
DROP OFF PROCEDURE:
Drop off will be staggered to follow social distancing requirements. I will be waiting at Door 12, along with our Athletic Trainer, Mrs. Jessica Bigles, to take temperatures and pre-screen athletes. Please form a line with your vehicles. Please DO NOT get out of your vehicles until you have had your temperature taken and completed the Google pre-screening sheet. Once you have been screened you will drive to field gates. Please get in groups of 10 girls (10ft. apart) and wait for my instructions. DO NOT GO TO THE FIELD.
At the end of the workout, please have your parents arrive and wait in their cars. I will release you in groups of 10. You MUST stay 10ft. apart and leave the school campus immediately, you may not stay and hangout, chat etc. We need to be off school campus to allow other sports to have their Phase Three- Step one workouts.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION IN Phase Three- Step one workouts:
- Per FCPS rules, we are allowed only 50 people (including myself), 10ft apart on the turf at a time.
- Cloth face coverings are required any time social distancing cannot be maintained; if participants are at least 10 feet apart, no mask required.
- Temperatures will be taken upon arrival (before you exit your vehicle). If your temperature is above 100.4 degrees, you must go home immediately.
- A Google Pre-Activity Screening form MUST be filled out by the student at the beginning of every workout (before you exit your vehicle).
- If you are carpooling and you have a temperature higher than 100.4 degrees, you, as well as those players that are with you must go home immediately.
- Please have your concussion training completed.
- A valid VHSL physical will be required for ALL students participating in out-of-season workouts. You CANNOT participate without a valid VHSL physical on file in the activity’s office. Please email your completed physical to Mrs. Longo, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each participant MUST have an Emergency Care Card (ECC) submitted to me prior to participating. You may email me your ECC or bring it on your first workout day.
- The use of indoor facilities (locker room, meeting/team room, weight room, gyms, etc.) is prohibited.
- Please bring inhalers, epi-pens, or other required medical devices you may need with you.
What to Bring:
- 32 ounces of water (minimum), as there will be no water available. There is no access to any of the buildings or locker rooms. Sharing of water is not allowed.
- A phone if you have one to scan the QR code.
- Proper footwear; cleats and running shoes.
Each Phase Three- Step one workout will begin with a brief warmup/stretch followed by an hour of exercise and drills broken up over the course of 1.5 hours, the remaining thirty minutes are for cool down, stretch and pickup dismal to